Monday, March 19, 2007

weekend recap and shout outs!


I know, I know, it seems as if I’ve been away for an eternity, but in all actuality, it’s only been four days since my last posting. Before I get into too many details about everything that’s going on at the end of the month and into April, I wanted to briefly recap this weekends events and say thank you to a few people….

It’s not often that I stay at any single event for too long. Friday night was a rare exception. Djs Yellow Fever and Co’s. Hosiery party came correct, BYOB style.This is the evening that I discovered that the Safeway on Georgia by the Wendy's doesn't sell booze, but I was quickly directed to the liquor store across the street that had the usual stash to choose from. This was also the night that I discovered that Mad Dog 20/20 made "Purple Rain" flavor. I stood in awe for a second, debated grabbing the Sour Apple flavor (which is damn good!), debated grabbing both and then decided on the bottle of Purple Rain. This was met with "hooo-eee's" and "damn GIRL"'s from the guys who were hanging out in the store. I met up with a couple peeps at Pharmacy and we were off. Who knew that I was going to show up with three of the best dancers in the house? Murph and A.O. were tearin that shit up til at least 4:30 when we decided that food was well in order... The night ended (as so many fine nights do) at the Diner over burgers, mac n cheese and some pretty Sawful conversation. To the Hoisery crew, thanks for keepin it live. To Murph, Seb and the gang, thanks for showin a girl some new moves.


saturday night's alllllright!

dudes. I'm stoked. Saturday afternoon, after brunch at Pharmacy, I got my shit overhauled. seriously. A quick trip up to Chevy Chase to visit Big Daddy Shawn at City Bikes proved to be one of the highlights of my weekend. New tubes, tires, lights, a sweet new lock, a full tune up and the courage to take it to the streets. I was wise enough NOT to do this on Saturday night (which for those of you who don't remember, was St. Patty's Day). nope, we continued J HOCK's birthday weekend from the Cat to the Nine and oh, what a lovely evening it was. To Girl Andie, thanks for the veggie sandwich. To Patrick, thanks for the beers. To Shawn, thanks for pimpin my ride.



and last but not least...

Sunday.Sunday.Sunday.


My first ride in city traffic was a complete success. I only "almost" got hit once and by my accounts, that's pretty damn good. Destination: Pharmacy Bar (yes, again) for brunch and I didn't realize until after I got there, that this would be my initiation into drunk ridin. Side note* Who knew that the hottest dance moves could be found within the frames of the weekly Prince Valiant strip?! Git Low, Git Low! Oh, I forgot how fucking fun brunch at my favorite bar could be. To Kiki, thanks for the salad and the 411 on the 86'ed items. To A.O., thanks as always for the laughs and drinks. To Sadsack, thanks for keepin my Toddy Hot. To Shawn, thanks for the Mind Eraser. and last but not least, to Francis Bacon Bikini the Third, thanks for the two hour text message marathon. I'll see you in the battlelands.

x/n

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Neema-

We love you.

Love,
The Hosiery