Tuesday, June 26, 2007

new music tuesday. BAD BRAINS!!!!!



i hate assholes. I hate people that feel so bad about themselves that they have to hate on you. those people are the polar opposite of bad brains.

brains.
you've empowered me since I was a wee lass.
was it 14?? 13? when you came into my life and destroyed every perception of hardcore that I had come to know? Everything strong, everything that couldn't be expressed in words, was felt with a dr. know riff and the knowing, heart wrenching vocals of HR. you soothed me. to this day, I wince at "Youth are Getting Restless, live at the Paradiso"... feeling all of the angst and joy and pain that I knew you had endured; you were my youth and you were my future.

the brains are back.

"Build a Nation is the eighth proper full-length studio album from hardcore punk and reggae pioneers Bad Brains. Produced by Ad Rock of the Beastie Boys & released on June 26, 2007.

Along with being available on CD the album will also be released on a yellow, green, and red multi-colored vinyl record."

DON'T SLEEP.

No comments: